We Take Diagnosing Cardiac Problems to Heart
The West Georgia Heart Clinic at WellStar West Georgia Medical Center offers the most advanced, state-of-the-art cardiac diagnostic tools available. These include a wide range of tests that can be used to determine your heart health and risk factors. Your cardiac specialist will determine which tests are appropriate for you.
Some of the Cardiac Diagnostic Tests at the Heart Clinic Include:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – a test involving sensors which record the electrical activity of the heart.
- Lipid Profile Blood Test – measures cholesterol, triglycerides and high density lipoprotein cholesterol, any of which may indicate the presence of heart disease.
- Echocardiography – a procedure that uses ultrasound waves to study the heart, its structure and action.
- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (CRP) – a blood test which is often performed in conjunction with other cardiac tests.
- Lipoprotein A (Lp(a)) – identifies the presence of a high level of Lp(a) which can indicate the type of treatment necessary to prevent further heart disease.
- Coronary Catheterization – a dye is injected into your heart’s arteries to view blood flow.
- CT Scan – an electron beam is sent through your arteries in order to see blood flow and determine any blockage.
- Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA) – a procedure that determines areas of narrowing or blockages in blood vessels.
- Nuclear Stress Test – measures your blood flow rate at rest and during exercise.
- Coronary Angiogram – a process that uses X-ray imaging to view the inside of your heart’s blood vessels.
For more information, call the Heart Clinic at (706) 845-3274.