West Georgia Hospice works with family members to manage a patient’s symptoms and pain and ensure that the patient’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs are met. These services are provided where the patient lives, whether it is at home, a nursing home, assistive living or at Hospice LaGrange, our inpatient hospice house.
Our home hospice services include:
- A registered nurse is on-call and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide symptom management by phone or by visit.
- A registered nurse visit weekly and as needed. The Hospice RN educates the patient and the caregivers on the medication or treatment, dosages, safe administration and storage. The nurse will also instruct the caregiver on signs and symptoms to report to the nurse in order to give the patient what he/she needs to have the best quality of life.
- Social worker services such as, supportive counseling, resource connection and end-of-life care planning.
- Chaplain services.
- A certified nursing assistant for personal care.
- Medication required for pain control and comfort delivered to your home.
- Equipment and other materials necessary for care and comfort related to the terminal diagnosis.
- Lifeline emergency response system to allow patients more independence.
- Support services such as music therapy, aromatherapy and relaxation.
- Respite at Hospice LaGrange so families have a break from caregiving.
For more information, call (706) 845-3905.