A Birth Experience to Always Remember
The anticipation of a new baby brings a world of excitement — and dozens of new decisions. One of the most important decisions you’ll make is where to have your baby.
WellStar West Georgia Medical Center's Maternity Services team aims to do more than help you welcome your healthy new baby. Our highly-trained staff is dedicated to ensuring that your stay is exceptional and that your birth experience is one you will always remember. Our floor provides a quiet, relaxed environment full of comforts and conveniences to make your birthing experience as pleasant as possible.
All the Comforts of Home
WellStar WGMC's beautiful maternity floor in the South Tower provides 10 Labor-Delivery-Recovery (LDR) rooms where mothers are able to stay in one room from admission to delivery without being shuffled from place to place. These spacious rooms provide plenty of movement for you and your family and include:
- Panoramic windows to maximize natural light.
- Sleeping accommodations for family members who wish to stay overnight.
- Spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers.
- Ample storage.
- Rocking chairs.
- Flat-screen televisions.
- Wireless Internet connections.
Our LDR suites are not just warm and welcoming, but equipped with the latest technology. WellStar WGMC physicians can access a fetal monitoring strip from anywhere, and each suite is outfitted with Hill-Rom Affinity birthing beds, radiant infant warmers and an advanced nurse call system. Our entire labor and delivery staff is dedicated to making your birth experience the best one possible.
The maternity floor features two operating rooms, allowing our laboring moms who need Cesarean sections or other surgery to have the procedure performed within the maternity unit, instead of having to transfer to another unit within the hospital. There also is a recovery area where babies can stay and bond with mom after birth. Last year, our team helped deliver more than 400 babies by Cesarean section, including 13 sets of twins!
Other special maternity services at WellStar WGMC include:
- Anesthesia services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Certified lactation consultants.
- Comfortable family waiting rooms with flat-screen televisions and adjacent kitchenettes.
- Coordinated mother-baby care to minimize separation after birth.
- A non-denominational chapel.
- A Recovery area where babies may reunite with moms after a cesarean birth.
- Sleeping accommodations for family members who may stay overnight.
For more information, call (706) 882-1411.