West Georgia Health's Pulmonary Rehabilitation program will teach you how to live and breathe easier with chronic lung disease. When you have chronic lung disease, it can be hard to do things that used to be easy — things like climbing a flight of stairs, golfing, keeping up with your children or grandchildren, or even brushing your hair can be challenging for a person with a chronic lung disease.
Common Chronic Diseases
Common chronic ideases among plumonary rehabilitation patients:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Restrictive (Interstitial) Lung Disease
What we need to get started:
- A doctor's order for pulmonary rehabilitation
- Current pulmonary function test, chest x-ray, arterial blood gas, complete blood count and Electrocardiogram (EKG). Your doctor will order these tests for you if they are not current in your chart.
- A desire to improve your breathing and ability to perform daily tasts.
For more information, call (706) 845-3779.