Volunteers play an integral part of the WellStar West Georgia Medical Center community. The West Georgia Medical Center Auxiliary provides valuable service to WGMC and its two nursing homes, Florence Hand Home and Twin Fountains Home. If you’re interested in volunteering, you’ll have a wide variety of opportunities to match your skills and interest, from escorting patients to treatment areas, delivering flowers, providing complimentary coffee, proving comfort to patients in the Emergency Department, deliver and read mail to nursing home residents, assist customers in the gift shop and more.
Joining the WellStar West Georgia Medical Center volunteer program is as easy as one, two, three.
ONE: FILL OUT THE FORMS>>
1. Complete the online volunteer application form.
2. Have your physician complete and sign your medical release form.
3. Applicants born after 1957 must include immunization records.
4. Drop the forms off at the Information Desk in the South Tower lobby of West Georgia Medical Center, fax them to (706) 812-2420 or email to Jean Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail forms to:
Jean Lewis, Director of Volunteer and Community Services
WellStar West Georgia Medical Center
1514 Vernon Road
LaGrange, GA 30240
TWO: COMPLETE THE INTERVIEW>>
1. Complete and sign a background check permission form.
2. Learn about the requirements of being a volunteer and share your specific areas of interest.
3. Interviews are typically held between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
THREE: ATTEND ORIENTATION>>
1. Learn hospital policies and procedures.
2. Learn about confidentiality and volunteer agreements.
3. Purchase uniform at the Volunteer Services department.
Most volunteer opportunities are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. There are limited openings for volunteers for evenings and weekends. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one four-hour shift each week for six months or 100 hours, whichever comes first.
For more information, call (706) 845-3965.